Getting to grips with the Medical Treatment Planning and Decisions Act 2016 (Vic)
This event will explore how you can plan for your future in light of new medical treatment laws in Victoria. Speakers will detail the key points of the Medical Treatment Planning and Decisions Act, evaluate whether to appoint a medical treatment decision-maker and make an advance care directive, and look at practical case studies.
Speakers will include:
- Bill O'Shea, Lawyer and Chair of the Law Institute of Victoria's (LIV) Elder Law Section,
- Claire McNamara, Lawyer at the Office of the Public Advocate and Deputy Chair of the LIV's Elder Law Section,
- Kathy Wilson, Principal Lawyer at Aitken Partners, and
- Rebecca Park, Lawyer for the LIV's Elder Law Section.
How to register for this event:
- Click on the 'Book now' button below to go to the registration page.
- If you are not a member of the Law Institute of Victoria, click ‘create an account and register’
- Fill in your details
- Click ‘create account’.
You should then receive an email confirming your registration. If you have any issues registering for the event, please contact Rebecca Park on the email listed below.
We encourage you to take public transport to this Law Week event. Plan your trip using the Public Transport Victoria Journey Planner.